Pinterest Boards...BREAD

Here's my first question: how many of you have a Pinterest account?  That's right, one of the DUMBEST questions anyone has ever asked!  Second question: approximately how many hours a day to you spend on Pinterest?  Yep, another dumb question.  Here's a third question, may be dumb, or not.  Have you ever posted so many items to a food board that you were literally sick to your stomach afterwards?  So much so that you never wanted to see that food item again?

Well, this happened to me the other day.  I try to spend about 30 minutes every day (which quickly escalates into 2 12 hours if I'm not careful) pinning to different boards.  And you know how it is, one pin leads to a website or blog which leads to another board which leads to 75,000 more pins for the day.  And to top that off, Pinterest so kindly sends you an email showing you a few more boards or pins you might be interested in perusing and pinning.

In a recent email I received, Pinterest sent me a link to a crippling board...BREAD!  It is no secret that I love bread.  It is my kryptonite.  If the government or any other agency wants information from me, tie me up, place a loaf of French bread in front of me and I will spill my guts to get to that bread.  No need for water boarding here...bread gets you the answers.  I would even tell the secret ingredient to Grandmother Ruby's cornbread...the threat of her coming up out of the grave to poke out my eyeballs doesn't scare me!

Soooooo, being the good pinner that I am (remember, I'm a good pinner, not a good tweeter), I clicked on the board link and started pinning.  After about 10 minutes of pinning breads to my BREAD board, I wanted to be sick.  I have never even seen that much bread in a bakery!!  And I was starting to smell all those breads.  At first it was delightful.  But then, the waves of nausea started, but I couldn't stop pinning.  It was a horrible experience and I just wanted it to be over.  I began doubting my love affair with bread.  I mean how many recipes can there be for the "Best Homemade Dinner Rolls Ever" and how do you know which one is the best??!!  I even posted a "How to make PERFECT Cornbread" recipe!  What??!!  I have that recipe sitting downstairs in the kitchen, WHY do I need another one??!!  But seeing all those pins just turns your brain into a loaf of French bread or pancake batter or lightning bugs or whatever it is you are pinning!

Some of you might say the nausea could be caused from something other than pinning bread recipes to a Pinterest board.  I will clear that up right now.  I'm 53.  The only thing I'm expecting is to have arthritis in my pinning finger!

And here's the crowning jewel.....the total irony of it all!  While I'm writing this post, the hubby sends me a video on Facebook.  Now, he has no idea that I'm writing my blog or what said blog is about.  Watch the video!



Sheesh!!





PS...click on those darker words for it to take you to the links...I love sharing things and that includes my sickness!  :-)

16 comments

  1. You had me smiling...okay, laughing...throughout this great post! Who can't relate to the addiction of Pinterest. And that video...they make it look so easy!! Not sure my bread cones would turn out that beautiful.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Alice…. and I can guarantee you my bread cones would never look like those. :-) Pinterest is so addictive. I always tell myself it is only going to be for a minute and then time flies away! Have a great evening!

      Delete
  2. You had me at Bread!! Don't get me started about the time I worked at Red Lobster! I don't know why I haven't been following you sooner! :) Seriously, thank you for sharing, this I've been wanting to make just that, some homemade bread to smell up my house with it's fresh home made goodness!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I LOVE bread....it is one of those things that I cannot stay away from! Red Lobster??!! Do you still eat seafood - because I don't know if I could...LOL And you are quite welcome! I never mind sharing my addictions....LOL :-)

      Delete
  3. I love bread so I am very guilty of pinning one after another of those glorious photos. There may be drool, also. Now I'm wondering how much chicken salad I can cram into that bread cone! LOL
    Great post, Benita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina. LOL @ drool…you sound like me! I think that little cone will hold a lot of chicken salad! :-)

      Delete
  4. I am a bread addict! I'm eating it right now as a matter of fact. It's addictive, like Pinterest. I try to stay far away on the computer, I look at things and pin from my phone. The images are smaller, service is spotty, so it's harder to click through...the phone keeps my Pinterest addiction at bay. It does nothing, however, for my problem with bread. I blame that on heredity!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the bread addiction being hereditary. What true Italian doesn’t eat bread!?!! With olive oil or garlic or honey butter?? :-) My mouth is watering just thinking about it…LOL Even though I have the Pinterest app on my phone, I totally cannot use it. I have to look at it on my computer – I can see more things to pin that way…LOL.

      Delete
  5. Oh my, I want some bread now! I was told many years ago by a alternative health practitioner that I have a yeast problem in my body which makes me crave bread! I don't have a problem with that! I don't actually go on Pinterest to spend time, I just pin a lot from blogs or other places I want to save something from. Not too addicted yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, then maybe that's my problem! :-) I can eat bread and nothing else for a meal, which is totally not healthy because of all the carbs....and the fact that it sits right on my hips..LOL I also pin from blogs and then jump right in to what Pinterest has picked for me! :-)

      Delete
  6. Such a pity you were already sick looking at breads cos that's a good one! It had me salivating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! LOL….I love bread! Fortunately, I recovered a few hours later! :-)

      Delete
  7. The first step in addiction is admitting you have a problem.......I AM ADDICTED TO PINTEREST !!!!! There, I've said it, I've admitted to it. I pin about an hour every other day, ANYTHING . I have tried recipe's, gardening tip's and lot's of craft project's. Along the way, I've made a few REALLY good friend's.Bread IS my weakness :((
    Well, thank's Benita for helping me admit to my addiction :)) Had to start following you now and of course pin some of your pin's. Lol Hug's my little southerner, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help! :-) But you notice that I had to admit my addiction as well…LOL I will find you and follow you back…we can just keep swapping pins and stay on Pinterest that much longer! LOL My entertaining board is probably one of my largest boards, along with bread and “other stuff I like”. That board is like the blob…it keeps on growing by eating everything in its path! :-) Have a great one! HUGS!!!

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, that video makes it look so simple! What a showstopper that would be at a party, I can think of many things to stuff in them.

    Bread, homemade bread is practically a sacrament, don't you think? It would be so hard to never again eat homemade bread. Harder for me than giving up Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn’t agree more…homemade bread is so wonderful and would be impossible to give up. Pinterest I might be able to walk away from with only a few withdrawals…but bread…never! And yes, it would be so awesome to have those at a party! The possibilities for the stuffing are endless!

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I do love hearing from you and enjoy visiting your blogs. I will respond via email or by replying to your comment here on my blog! Have a wonderful day!