The Odd Corner

When we woke up, the ground was once again covered with snow.  I don't think I've ever used the word "snow" so many times in one year!


Since the temps have been so chilly, we've stayed inside most of the week, with the exception of the bizarre flights to and from Dallas that my husband had to endure. This has definitely been a strange winter for us.

I realize that while I've posted a few photos of our house, I haven't really shared many of the little things, you know, the details.  I will be sharing details in the next few posts.  Those little details do make such a difference in a home.

For instance, we have a weird angled corner in our living room, the Odd Corner, if you will.  I had no idea what to do with this space once we put our Christmas tree away.  The tree filled the spaced and looked wonderful there, but you can't leave the tree up all year long.  I was truly frustrated over what to do with this space.  I knew I needed an extra chair or two for seating in the living room, but didn't really feel that two chairs would work.

As I've shared previously, I have been looking for cool flea markets, thrift stores and antique stores in our area.  I found a listing on Facebook for a shop that had only been open a few months, but I knew from her photos that it was the place for me.  The Trove has turned into a great place to find treasures for our home.  Jamie's prices are very reasonable and there are all sorts of goodies to go through.  AND, I found the perfect little ensemble for the odd space in our living room.

 
This chair was in great shape and just the style I was looking for.  I may redo the chair for a project later on, but for now I'm happy with it.  My husband fully expects this chair to be painted.  He maintains that most women cannot leave wood a wood color!  :-)


The vintage door adds a rustic touch to balance the formal-ness of the chair.

 
The basket I purchased from Magnolia Market looks great here.


While I'm not a fan of fake flowers, this space needed some color.  Don't worry, the fake flowers will be replaced with real flowers throughout the summer.  Unfortunately, this little basket and pail will be moving to the screened-in porch once the weather warms up.  Which means I will be visiting the Trove to find another cute little somethin'-somethin' to replace it.  :-)

Have a great snow day!


No comments

Please leave a comment! I do love hearing from you and enjoy visiting your blogs. I will respond via email or by replying to your comment here on my blog! Have a wonderful day!