Fat Tuesday...and A Few Details

Jambalaya, and a crawfish pie and a file' gumbo
'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma chère amie-o
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-oh
Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou

This was a great song by Hank Williams and what better way to celebrate Fat Tuesday than with homemade Jambalaya!  This is a recipe I found on Campbell's Kitchen website.  As with all recipes, I tweak them here and there, as I'm sure you do as well.

The snow we received during the night looks beautiful this morning! I love the look of winter - there is beauty to be found in all things - and I haven't minded keeping some of my winter decor hanging around.


The skates I found at a thrift store for about $3.00, the sled I purchased at Hobby Lobby years ago, the bucket came from HomeGoods (a favorite shopping place), the greenery from the Lone Star Antique Mall in Haltom City, TX and the ribbon was purchased at Hobby Lobby. I try to purchase most of my household decor and entertaining items on sale.  This little vignette cost under $15.00 and is a cute addition to our home's foyer.

If you've been reading my blog, you know it is still in its infancy.  Occasionally, you will notice some changes here and there as I decide on the final look I want to achieve.  This blog is much like my home in that I'm constantly making little changes to get things how I want them to look.

I've added a few photos of the house to the "Our Home" page.  Instead of placing a few photos of the details on that page, I decided to post them in different blogs.  After all, the details are the things that constantly change. :-)

Have a great day!

4 comments

  1. OH MY GOSH - I have sang the WRONG words to that song my entire life. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love jambalaya but have never made it. Thanks for the link! I do not want to be reminded of February....it was one of our coldest winters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hubster loves Jambalaya – we have it every once in a while. Yeah, I think this winter was a rough one for a lot of people. I know they said it was for the Nashville area.

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I do love hearing from you and enjoy visiting your blogs. I will respond via email or by replying to your comment here on my blog! Have a wonderful day!